Philip's Story About Making Life Meaningful

Monday, October 03, 2005

Igo (in japanese) aka wei qi (in chinese)

Finally I am one step closer to me real ranking playing GO (one kind of chinese chess if you dun know wats the hell is it). Story is below:

Yesterday evening about 5pm created a new account in IGS (http://www.pandanet.co.jp/English/) and set my ranking to 6k (PHEW) and was wondering how i fair against a solid 6k. So no problem, end up challenging a 6k player and started the game at about 6pm.

The 1st 4 moves makes me think tat, hmmm, my opponent is weird but nvm i hav a good lead in the opening stage. The middle was fairly lucky that I have to running groups n were dying ones, and I was thinking to myself that i m so dead and can resign when he kills my big group. BUT, he didnt kill it and opt for protecting his another big part ontop and letting me join my 2 groups together n kill his stones and end up winning tat game :D :D :D :D

Overall, I definatly need to improve more so that I will be crushing and trashing some weaklings :D :D :D

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home