Philip's Story About Making Life Meaningful

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Victory of The Year

Weiqi weiqi weiqi, nothing but tis for tis entry tis time around.

"The MWA Tournament 2007 will be held on 21th Jan 2007 (Sunday), 10.00am - 6.00pm."

This was my 2nd time joining the club's tournament and it wasn't easy to play 4 games in 1 day with 4 similar ranked people.

Random match by drawing lots to see who u will play with.
Game 1 - Played with someone named Kelvin and he is more to a beginner and no handicap. Made some mistake at the beginning of my game n luckily i won with a better reading skill. No problem here, the game won when he resigned.

Next, up against those who won the 1st round and i get to play him.
Game 2 - Wynes was my 2nd player, this was a pretty long game I think coz the game was suppose to end before lunch time around 12:30pm roughly. So the president of the club decided to let us continue the game after lunch and put a timing to speed up our game so that the 3rd round can be started earlier. No problem here too as i pulled a huge lead in the middle game and i won the game roughly by 15 points.

3rd game and this is a very fun game indeed.
Game 3 - Played with Shi Yun (dunno how to spell his name), made a big mistake in the middle game n cost me 1/4 of the board (in normal condition that will guarantied a lost), but, luckily I killed 1/4 of the board of his group back ^-^ and i m back in the hunt again n towards the end he made a big mistake n allowed me to revived my 1/4 died groups and the game ends with him resigning after i secure all my groups.

Last battle, the strongest player of the day
Game 4 - He is quite young in age n looks and he is a secondary school kid. After learning for about 4 months, he is able to match my level at tis game. Again i made a big mistake at the beginning n mid game (beginning to feel its a problem for me) and had to unleash my secret tactic to at least secure my last chance of winning when it looks like i m on the losing end. With great effort, was able to secure my dying groups with minimal loses and secure barely enough to win the game. At the end i won by 5 points, a great battle indeed.

At the end of the day, I am glad that I joined tis tournament and very proud of playing weiqi. Certainly tis kind of game will ensure ones mind to be sharp and helps brain development if learned from a very young age.

Atm, looking forward to the future tournament challenge that will get me some overseas trip without paying anything by just going there to play weiqi with someone i dunno. Who says playing weiqi has no benefit ^-^



More pictures here -> Photo Gallery
From Malaysia Weiqi Association

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home